Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thing 2 Web 2.0

I found the blog very wordy and hard to understand- not sure I took in what the blogger was saying. I was motivated to learn more about Web 2.0 from the video. I think Stephen A. (man in the video) made a great point about only understanding what you have experience with yourself. If I want to be able to find ways to incorporate Web 2.0 technologies into our media center, I have to be knowledgeable about them. If Web 2.0 really is a revolution- I want to understand what it is about and know how to use Web 2.0 tools- thus the reason for doing this whole 23 things on a stick deal. The article "The Ongoing Web Revolution" was o.k. But honestly, web 2.0 could be summed up more quickly as a community of learners using online tools, and helping each other learn the tools by sharing ideas.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Writers do tend to get wordy. When you are busy, it is hard to keep reading (slogging) through it. However I think you did capture the essence of it. But there is so much to Web 2.0 - it is hard not to get excited.

Zoma said...

Hi Sarah, I'm Scott's assistant at ERHS and finished the 23 Things during Round 1. I had so much fun doing the 23 Things and I hope you and Kathy do too! If I can help in any way, please let me know. You can check out my blog and Scott's in the Round 1 finisher's blogs. Scott's is RunawayTrain and mine is SZSRocks. Judging by your avatar, you are looking forward to summer. I hope you have a great break and have fun with the 23 Things!

LeAnn said...

You know, I think there are better videos out there about Web 2.0, and my current favorite is this one by Clay Shirky, which you might enjoy:

http://blip.tv/file/855937/

If you have any questions, or need more encouragement to keep going, let me know!

LeAnn Suchy
CMLE 23 Things Coach